2014 Cesarean Birth Data for MN Hospitals is out, and so is the updated Flutterby chart! Thank you to cesareanrates.com for the raw data! This includes each Twin Cities hospital - Their 2014 rate, along with trends since 2010. Hospitals are ordered from lowest to highest 2014 rate. If you are a local mama or birthworker who would like a PDF copy, just let me know! And feel free to share! A few interesting things to note:
- Overall, the Twin Cities rate is down approximately 1% since 2012 (last reported data). We can still do better!!
- St. Francis Hospital (Shakopee) has seen the largest decrease (nearly 4%).
- Lakeview (Stillwater) has seen the largest increase (nearly 2%).
- Eight hospitals fall *above* the Twin Cities average. They are: Mercy, Northfield, Fairview Ridges, Abbott Mother Baby Center, United, Lakeview, Fairview Southdale, and U of M/Riverside (highlighted with the bold outline).
* Does not include freestanding birth centers or home births.