Although we (Erin and Brittany) have been partners in business and in friendship for many years now, have co-taught and collaborated on childbirth education classes, and have backed each up in birth and in life, we are so happy and excited to announce that we have made it "official" - We are now a birth doula partnership!
The benefits of a doula partnership abound for birthing families and for the doulas who provide their care. To name a few:
- A shared call schedule - This brings work-life balance to us as doulas, while assuring that our families always have a fresh, well-rested doula by their side. You will always know who to call based on our schedule, and will never have to wonder if a backup whom you have never met may walk into your birthing space.
- We are able to provide free group workshops at the Flutterby studio, specifically designed for our doula families to meet one another, spend more time with us, and learn about a variety of birth and postpartum topics.
- We can pool our resources and areas of expertise to give our families add-on service options including placenta encapsulation, car seat installation, lactation support, and sleep consultations.
- We always have a true sounding board who we can immediately reach to discuss our clients needs, troubleshoot obstacles in labor, and give each other that knowing, listening ear that doulas need before, during, and after a birth. Healthier, happier doulas benefit everyone!
- Together we have attended more than 200 births all across the Twin Cities, and have collective experience in serving all kinds of families in all types of birth settings. More experience is always a good thing!
- The comfortable relationship between two women who know and understand each other, have seen each other birth their own babies, and have shared life's ups and downs provides us with a unique ability to 'read one another's minds,' making the experience more seamless for not only us, but for our clients.
- Our similar experience and doula-ing style means that families who choose Flutterby will have wonderful continuity of care!
We are taking clients with 'guess dates' in January 2018 and beyond as a partnership! Find out more about our doula care, or about us to see if we might be the right fit for you! We would love to sit down with you, answer any questions you may have, and find out how we can help you have your best birth.
In the doula spirit,
Erin and Brittany
Note: If you have already hired one of us to be your doula in 2018, that doula will still serve as your primary, with the other serving as back-up. If you are a repeat client of either Erin or Brittany, please contact your former doula to discuss using them again as your primary!